Sunday 13 July 2014

Moving Space

Here is my new space and the beginnings of a piece that I am working on. Defiantly not finished. It sits behind a frame which has attachments and will evolve. I cannot put things on the wall in this space so am working on the floor. There are still uncertainties about the future of the building; my old space has been filled with wood and is now transformed into an enclosed unit for business type lettings.


Tomorrow I will do some printing onto the canvas. I am also working on a piece for an MA curatorial student graduating this year at UCA. This really is interesting; the work has stemmed from communication with an artist in Indonesia. A conversation that started with a suitcase which was an obvious link for me! The deadline for this project is mid August.
Next week I have to install my work in a collective exhibition at the Horsebridge gallery in Whitstable using work that I did at UCA. If I have enough space it will be a painting and two prints. Then the following week The Fishslab gallery has a fund raising exhibition 'A4 Anonymous'. I have done two small pieces for that. It has been creative to have more than one thing on the go and reassuring that I can work post graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment